Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Three Months Ago!




    **"Want to instantly be in a better mood? Change your birthday information on Yahoo, Facebook, Google, Blogger..."**



      We have all been guilty of missing a birthday or two.  I miss them all of the time.  But I am talking about other peoples days of birth, not your own of course.  And consider it a real win when I get gifts to the right people in the actual month of there birthday.   This becomes a challenge when I know more than one person in a month celebrating a birthday.  Luckily for me, most people can't see my friends.  And the few that I have, know to wait patiently for some type of present from me.  Usually a happy and or cheery greeting on Facebook.  Facebook has saved me many a time, because the sight "warns" you in advance of any birthdays that are coming up.  The sight even tells you the age the person is turning.  If they entered there real information in the computer.  YOU can than decide what age to put on the birthday greeting.  
    Facebook did not save me just lately.   A buddy of mine, for years now and I were talking and out of the blue he mentioned that he just had his birthday.   "Professor Getty" does not have Facebook, so I was left not warned.  And had to fumble and stutter through a happy, nice, but late group of birthday wishes.  
     When I worked at Wally World, it was great fun to announce workers birthdays on the PA system, through the entire store.  It was great fun to announce anything over the PA.  Probably why most big box stores are now banning workers from using this system.  **On a complete side note/but something I like to share as much as possible:  in any Wally World, if you find an out of way phone--- simply dial #96--and your voice can be heard through the store!   Happy birthday to you, with this new knowledge!**   When we announced another workers birthday, we would usually add 30+ years to there real age to add to the fun.  And a brief description of what the worker was wearing, so that customers could also give them birthday wishes.  This is hard, when everyone wears a blue vest.   So placing a balloon or twelve on the person or there work area is recommended.  
     I have several ideas that work best for reducing the amount you spend on any birthday gifts.  **Please note:  These usually result in the loss of friends, so you save a great deal next year.  Not having to buy for them again.    These "ideas" can work for Christmas, birthdays, and weddings also.  Just NOT if you are invited to our wedding, and want to be invited to either of ours next wedding ;)   I will not share all of my secrets today--because I still wish to try a few of them.  One is to get a very nice card and add lots and lots of tape to the bottom of the card---  Include a note in the card about how you really hope and pray that they enjoy the amazingly perfect and expensive gift this cheesy card was tapped to!   Wait until after a holiday, do your shopping, and than blame the postal service on the lateness.   Fill a box with miscellaneous pieces of glass and make it look like the great gift broke in shipment.   
    If you would prefer to keep your friends happy and laughing.   Please feel free to use my wife's grandma's excuses for being late on my wife's birthday.  These were printed inside her card.

       Below are some of the reasons I forgot your Birthday.....

    I just savored it for a while. 
    If I sent your Birthday card on time, it would ruin my  reputation.
    My printer is really, really slow.
    My organizer lost track of time.
    Time just flew right by.
     It's an expression of my unique personality.
     The shock would have been to much for you.
      You deserve more than one day to celebrate anyway!!
      I forgot to remember----then I remembered to forget!
       I thought you'd want me to be late!
       You've meet my husband before, right?
           
               **Thank you Flora Sherbourne   for letting me use the above! **

   My wife uses the last line a lot.   But not for being late on any birthdays.  She is always more than on top of any holidays or birthdays~!

     
                    I need the above bell!     But fear were my wife would stick it.



   I want to write my own song and call it "White Solo Cup!"   For all of us coffee lovers out there.   I enjoy the "Red solo cup song, but have heard it so many times that I would like to throw a stack of red cups at the singer and anyone that I see partying.  It has went the way of the Achy Breaky Heart song----one that's words will never fully leave my memory banks.   Nor will the mullet.   Anyways will roaming near the terminal in Fairhaven, I found these great markings on the ground in front of the coffee shop.  Attempting to lure in more customers.  The coffee cup pictured was from Rustic coffee.   Who I kind of wrote an iffy review about a few blogs back.   They had a booth at Dirty Dan Days and the brew was good enough, I wish to soonish give the Rustic shop another chance.   





    I believe that this house in Fairhaven would make a perfect coffee shop!   It even has the slide open windows on the side, for walk up customers.  A main trail goes right behind the building.  This is a dream of mine, although I some how see myself using to much of the merchandise!   I talk about and enjoy coffee a lot, if you have not gotten that memo, or are new to my blogs.   By the time we could purchase such a building, my wife's desserts could be beyond awesome, and they could easily be the main reason people came to visit us.  *Buy a dessert, get a small coffee for 20 cents.   This building is not even for sale though.   Kudos to the owners of this house though.  The yard and surroundings is always perfect and every time I walk by the residence a new lawn ornament appears.    




   My hike partner waiting for me to stop taking pictures, while he was perched on a trail marker sign.




     Upon just buying what seems like a great car.  I hope it does not join the volumes of pictures of me by the side of the road with the hood up.   I probably have equally as many pictures of a vehicle of mine stuck in an extra large traffic jam.  The ones that make the highway look like a parking lot.   



      And now it is your time to guess were I was exploring this weeksend!   My next exploring blog will reveal the answer.   Kind of like a morbid Where's Waldo.  Were you find me instead!  Wahoo!  These will start out very easy at first and than slowly get harder and more random.  Eventually when reader ship is up, I will offer prizes for the right answer.  Please list any guesses on my comments or send directly to my e mail.   Also if you have a great area for me to explore next ----please share!



                              Thanks for reading!   Please pass on the word.   And as always

                     HAPPY TRAILS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment